LEAD (Leadership Education and Action Development) is a formal volunteer opportunity that provides kids with the opportunity to learn skills that will help them succeed as leaders, both in school and later in life. In the end, the young people will have acquired educational enrichment, self-confidence, team spirit, and the means to make a significant contribution to quality of life and the community.
For youth interested in becoming leaders and decision makers of TREE MUSKETEERS, LEADership courses is where it all starts. Youth who participate in these courses become eligible to apply for the Youth Management Team. After successfully serving on the Youth Management Team, you may be invited to apply to sit on the Board of Directors and even become President.
The LEADership program is open to all area youth in 5th – 12th grades. The tuition is discounted for Partners for the Planet members.
LEAD courses are offered in the summer, and sometimes in the fall.
LEADership Training Classes for Youth:
Youth Manager Series:
Complete all three courses to earn a Youth Manager certificate at LEAD Graduation.
- Personal Skills – Learn how to present yourself as a leader
- People Skills – Learn how to interact with people and communicate effectively
- Management Skills – Put your ideas into action, learn how to plan, organize, and lead projects and events
Public Speaking Course:
- Public Speaking – Taught by a Toastmasters International instructor, kids learn and practice speaking techniques and have the opportunity to participate in a speech contest at Graduation
Tree Planting Course:
- Tree Planting Supervisor – Learn how to plant trees and supervise volunteers; earn a Supervisor certificate at the graduation event after satisfactory class completion and putting your new skills to work at a planting