LEAD (Leadership Education and Action Development) is a formal volunteer opportunity that provides kids with the opportunity to learn skills that will help them succeed as leaders, both in school and later in life. In the end, the young people will have acquired educational enrichment, self-confidence, team spirit, and the means to make a significant contribution to quality of life and the community.
Participation in the LEADership program is open to all area youth in 5th – 12th grades. The cost of the program is discounted for Partners for the Planet members.
LEAD courses are offered in the spring, summer and fall. Check the Volunteer Calendar for dates of the next LEAD session.
LEADership Training Classes for Youth:
- Personal Skills – Learn how to present yourself as a leader
- People Skills – Learn how to interact with people and communicate effectively
- Organizational Skills – Put your ideas into action, learn how to plan, organize, and lead projects and events
- Public Speaking – Taught by Toastmasters International instructor, kids learn and practice speaking techniques
- Tree Planting Supervisor – Learn how to plant trees and direct or supervise others